The Gibraltar Port Authority and Petrospot, together with HM Government of Gibraltar, Gibraltar Maritime Administration and other Gibraltar-based stakeholders, have joined forces to create the inaugural Maritime Week Gibraltar, a major new biennial event. This event will be designed to showcase and promote Gibraltar’s thriving maritime sector to a wider international audience with the aim of attracting more maritime-related business into Gibraltar. A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Petrospot and the Gibraltar Port Authority in this regard.
Maritime Week Gibraltar, which will be held during the week of 24-28 June 2019, will showcase Gibraltar’s role as a key global maritime centre, reinforcing its status as the Mediterranean’s premier bunkering hub as well as highlighting the maritime expertise and facilities available locally, including legal and financial services.
Llewellyn Bankes-Hughes, Managing Director of UK-based Petrospot commented ‘Gibraltar is already well-known worldwide for its exceptional bunkering facilities which have made it the top refuelling location in the Mediterranean. However, Gibraltar’s thriving maritime sector has so much more to offer the global shipping community, from drydock and agency to legal services, slops and debunkering facilities, hull and tank cleaning, crew change, training and so much more. Maritime Week Gibraltar is designed to show to the world what Gibraltar’s maritime sector is capable of.’
HM Government of Gibraltar’s Minister for the Port, the Hon Gilbert Licudi QC MP, added ‘I hope this event will provide a fantastic opportunity for local organisations to engage with the international maritime community, offering them the perfect platform to show the very best of what Gibraltar has to offer. I am delighted with Petrospot’s involvement in this project which I am sure will be a great success.’
A week-long series of Government and Industry events designed to:
- Showcase Gibraltar’s role as a key global maritime centre
- Reinforce Gibraltar’s status as the Mediterranean’s premier bunkering hub
- Highlight Gibraltar’s legal and financial services offering
- Demonstrate Gibraltar’s maritime expertise and facilities (dry dock, superyacht, cruise terminal, hull cleaning, surveying, etc)
- Encourage Gibraltarian companies to reach out to their global partners and customers to bring them to Gibraltar to see and hear first-hand what the country has to offer
- Inspire representatives from foreign maritime communities to meet, network and develop important new trading relationships with the leaders of Gibraltar’s maritime sector
- Attract outside investment to bolster Gibraltar’s maritime sector.
WHO WILL ATTEND?
Leaders from all sectors of the international shipping sector | Government regulators | Shipowners and operators | Ship managers | Charterers | Bunker suppliers and traders | Agents | Superyacht community | Maritime lawyers | Chandlers | LNG supply, storage and delivery companies | Port and port service operators | Insurers and bankers | Maritime training institutions | Non-Government organisations | Ministerial-level VIPs
RUNNING YOUR OWN EVENT:
For further information on running your own event at Maritime Week Gibraltar please phone +44 1295 814455 or email Llewellyn Bankes-Hughes.