Maritime Week Americas is a hugely popular week-long series of events created to bring together bunker suppliers, traders and buyers – and related maritime professionals – from every part of North, South and Central America and the Caribbean.
Maritime Week Americas 2017 will take place in Miami, at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. The conference will again focus on the most pressing issues in bunkering, from planning for the global sulphur cap in 2020 to examining fuel strategies within the cruise industry, examining the progress of LNG bunkering and looking at changing patterns in fuel quality and specifications. It will also look at bunkering opportunities within the region, highlighting those areas that are now emerging as key refuelling locations of the future.
The week will include:
MWA Conference • Wednesday 24 - Thursday 25 May
- The two-day conference will combine hard-hitting and absorbing intellectual content covering bunker quality, quantity, regulation and developments in supply, demand and infrastructure, always with the commercial deal in mind. It is aimed at shipowners and operators, bunker supplies and traders, surveyors, agents, maritime lawyers and related service industries.
The Oxford Bunker Course (Advanced Commercial) • Monday 22 - Tuesday 23 May
This two-day intensive commercially-oriented bunker course is very well suited to those with a working knowledge of bunkering who require more detailed knowledge of the key elements of the commercial deal.
IBIA Basic Bunker Course • Monday 22 May
- A one-day course designed for newcomers to bunkering which covers all the basics, including technical, operations, environmental, commercial and legal issues and has been taught at many locations around the world.
Bunker Dispute Resolution Workshop • Tuesday 23 May (Afternoon)
- This highly professional interactive workshop on bunker dispute resolution will address the causes of bunker disputes, the resolution of those disputes when they happen and the avoidance of those disputes so that they don’t happen in the first place. It will look at how changing economic and regulatory conditions may give rise to new disputes – whether about bunker quality, quantity, delivery or payment issues – and examine ways that such disputes may be resolved.
IBIA Mass Flow Meter Workshop • Tuesday 23 May
- IBIA’s one-day workshop will provide delegates with an overview of mass flow metering, including how they work and the operational, commercial and efficiency benefits they are said to offer. It is aimed at bunker suppliers, shipowners, charterers, port authorities and bunker surveyors.
Bunker Price Risk Management • Tuesday 23 May (Morning)
- This half-day seminar will provide attendees with an overview of hedging tools and risk management in the oil markets, with particular emphasis on introductory swaps and options used in the oil trading business.
Table top exhibit • 24-25 May
If you are interested in contributing to the programme, we would welcome your suggestions and comments phone: +44 1295 814455 or email us.
How do I know these courses will live up to expectations?
Petrospot has earned a world-wide reputation for organising exceptional training courses. Don't just take our word for it - read our feedback received from previous students on this course.
|SUPPORTING ORGANISATION||SUPPORTING MEDIA|