an Introduction to biofuels
5 February 2024 | Full-day course
Taught by industry experts, An Introduction to Biofuels offers a focused and highly useful overview of the regulatory, commercial and operational considerations associated with the use of biofuels.
Standard Rate: £195
This new course will cover the following key areas:
- Regulation & legislation – including lifecycle analysis (LCA), tank to wake profile, IMO regulation (existing and in process), and the impact of national regulation (North America, EU (FuelEU Maritime, Alternative Fuels Directive)
- Ethical and sustainability issues in relation to feedstock used in first- and second-generation biofuels; the potential for third generation biofuels
- The types of biofuels (FAME, HVO, etc.), their production and characteristics, Table of differences
- Supply and demand outlook
- Biofuel quality and blending
- Biofuel specifications, covering inclusion in ISO 8217, and future specifications
- Operational and storage issues
- Case study
- Commercial issues – pricing and sustainability certification
09:30 – Welcome coffee
10:00 – Course - morning session begins
12:00-13:00 – Networking lunch
13:00 – Course – afternoon session begins
14:30 – Networking coffee break
16:15 – End of course
Programme details are updated regularly and are subject to change.
If you feel you could make a significant contribution to the programme, please email Lesley Bankes-Hughes at email@example.com or call +44 1295 814455 to discuss this further.