Ready for change!
The third annual Middle East Bunkering Convention provides a major forum for discussion about the key challenges facing the region’s marine fuels sector, as well as the opportunities for established and emerging ports and industry players.
The event will also consider how changes on a global scale, such as fuel availability and the redrawing of traditional commodity trade flows, will affect the bunker suppliers, traders and buyers who do business at Middle East ports.
The event will debate the key questions:
- How will 2020 impact on suppliers and traders in the Middle East?
- How are fuel buyers in the region preparing for the global sulphur cap?
- Bunker fuel quality and specs – is there trouble ahead?
- Fuel supply and demand – will bunker hubs in the Middle East be ready to offer required fuel grades and lubes?
- Can Middle Eastern ports learn from commercial and operational practices introduced at other global bunker hubs?
- Which are the emerging bunker ports in the Middle East, and how will established ports respond to new ‘competition’?
- What will be the key points of concern for lawyers and credit managers during 2018?
The week will include:
Middle East Bunkering Convention 2018 • Wednesday 7 - Thursday 8 March
- The one and a half-day conference will combine hard-hitting and absorbing intellectual content covering bunker quality, quantity, regulation and developments in supply, demand and infrastructure, always with the commercial deal in mind. It is aimed at shipowners and operators, bunker supplies and traders, surveyors, agents, maritime lawyers and related service industries.
The Oxford Bunker Course (Advanced Commercial) • Monday 5 - Tuesday 6 March
This two-day intensive commercially-oriented bunker course is very well suited to those with a working knowledge of bunkering who require more detailed knowledge of the key elements of the commercial deal.
Table Top Exhibit • Wednesday 7 - Thursday 8 March
If you are interested in contributing to the programme, we would welcome your suggestions and comments phone: +44 1295 814455 or email us.
How do I know these courses will live up to expectations?
Petrospot has earned a world-wide reputation for organising exceptional training courses. Don't just take our word for it - read our feedback received from previous students on this course.
'This is an ideal bunkering convention to enhance one's knowledge and make new acquaintances and friends, given the common interests of the participants.'
Central Shipmanagement (United Arab Emirates)
'The quality of the speakers and the detail in planning speaker topics are carefully arranged so overlap is minimised. Full 360 coverage with regards to content is ensured.'
Cockett Marine Oil Group (Singapore)