Passports are required by all visitors to Gibraltar, except EU nationals who are in possession of a valid national identity card. As a general rule, those persons who require a visa for entry into the United Kingdom will also require a separate visa for entry to Gibraltar.
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- A valid visa, if applicable
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay
- Confirmed onward/return tickets
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
The official language is English. However, Spanish is widely spoken.
The currency of Gibraltar is Pound sterling or Gibraltar pound.
Major cards are widely accepted.
Gibraltar has a Mediterranean climate, with mild, rainy winters and warm, dry summers. Its average annual temperature is about 22 °C (72 °F) as a daily high and 15 °C (59 °F).
For further information on Gibraltar visit: http://www.visitgibraltar.gi/
In Gibraltar the power plugs and sockets are of type G. The standard voltage is 240 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.