Petrospot Ltd is:
- committed to leading on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in the speaker panels, roundtable discussions and other elements that make up its industry events, as well as across the editorial profile of its publications. The aim is for Petrospot to be truly representative of all sections of society, and for everybody involved with its events and publications to feel respected and able to give their best.
Petrospot is committed against unlawful discrimination of delegates attending its events and contributors to its publications. Petrospot will not discriminate because of:
- gender reassignment
- marriage or civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin)
- religion or belief
- sex or gender
- sexual orientation
Petrospot commits to:
- Encourage EDI in the organising of its events and across its publications and beyond as they are good practice and make business sense.
- Create an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all, and where individual differences and the contributions of all are recognised and valued.
- Provide training and mentoring for its employees about their rights and responsibilities under the EDI policy. Responsibilities include helping Petrospot to provide equal opportunities, and to prevent bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination.
- Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination across Petrospot’s conference and publishing activities.
- Make decisions concerning the composition of speaker panels and entities based on merit.
- Monitor how the EDI policy, and any supporting action plan, are working in practice, reviewing them as an integral part of Petrospot’s post-event reports, and considering and taking action to address any issues.
- Encouraging sponsors, advertisers and other stakeholders to adopt a similar EDI policy to that adopted by Petrospot in relation to events organised by the company and its publications.